Jobs at Valerie's House
Join our team!
Current openings: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The ideal candidate will have experience successfully leading teams and / or managing organizations. A degree in counseling, social work, or human service is preferred. Experience working with bereaved and/or at-risk children and teenagers is preferred. Must be able to work evenings and weekends regularly. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have flexibility to adapt to growth and changes. Must be able to use the computer to create professional documents and reports using word processing and report building software. Must be able to learn new computer programs and utilize these programs to support VH administrative and programmatic needs. Must have a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for work related travel. Must have the ability to travel extensively throughout Southwest Florida. Must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. of program supplies and office related materials.
Complete details below.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume/CV to Founder Angela Melvin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas of Responsibility and Essential Duties
- Work closely with the CEO to provide vision and leadership to the bereavement support program.
- Take lead on coordinating family care and grief support.
- Provide vision and leadership to the bereavement support programs of VH.
- Oversee assessment of program participants and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Oversee the care of families in the program and monitoring their progress in VH programs.
- Assist and take the lead on family intakes and orientations.
- Oversee and follow up on issues and concerns.
- Provide monthly program report to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Supervise and oversee the process of database maintenance and updates.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key constituents, partners, and referral sources.
- Coordinate and oversee family and program evaluation.
Program Planning and Preparation
- Oversee and plan curriculum for support groups.
- Take the lead on the creation and implementation of additional groups as needs are identified.
- Coordinate and oversee pre- and post- group meetings with Volunteers.
- Supervise all aspects of the group night, including volunteers and group structure / delivery.
- Lead, supervise, and provide direction, including hiring, of a growing program staff.
- Complete annual planning and evaluation with all direct reports.
- Make recommendations regarding staff and volunteer needs for VH programs.
Marketing, Outreach, Awareness
- Maintain relationships with community leaders and like-minded organizations.
- Manage relationships with community partnerships related to VH programs.
- Represent VH in the public with the media, community meetings, and awareness events as assigned.
- Provide speaking engagements to the community as requested by local clubs, organizations, gatherings, and associations as assigned.
- Stay up to date with education regarding models of support for childhood bereavement.
- Present at and attend national gatherings related to the bereavement support field.
A competitive salary commensurate to experience and relocation package is offered.